Client desired an indoor tennis facility to permit the tennis club to practice and play year round. In addition, the client specified a quality facility with leisure atmosphere, low energy cost and multipurpose usage of the facility for other events. Plans called for a large three-court facility built using Swiss pine and high-eco woodfibre insulation for passive-house energy-efficient performance.
Seventeen hundred cubic metres of insulation give the structure passive-house efficiency, with forty centimetres of GUTEX Thermofibre blow-in woodfibre insulating the walls and roof. As a result, energy costs are extremely low, at about 1500 euros annually, which is comparable to a new single-family home.
- Large 2300-sqm three-court tennis facility with space for 1,100 spectators.
- Built to allow later addition to accommodate 3,000 people.
- Heating costs approximately 90% less than comparable conventional facilities Constant annual temperature of over 15 °C.
- Useable area is 2,284 m2, space (volume) is 14,572 m3.
- Roof U-factor = 0.10 W/m2 K.
- Wall U-factor = 0.11 W/m2 K.
Would you like to see the construction details? You'll find similar constructions described here.
More reference projects
Wood fibre insulation answers the call
Older masonry house again pleasantly liveable and exceptionally insulated